Customers and Suppliers : May 2018
At Gasrec we are committed to processing personal information about our customers and suppliers in ways that comply with our legal obligations. We keep the personal data we hold about you safe and private, promise not to sell your data to third parties and to provide you ways to exercise your rights regarding the data we hold about you and how it is used. In accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and the law, we will only process personal information (including sharing outside of Gasrec) if our reason to do so is one or more of the following:
▪ To fulfil a contract we have with you
▪ When it is our legal duty
▪ When it is in our legitimate interest, or
▪ When you consent to it
A legitimate interest is when we have a business or commercial reason to use your information.
1. WHAT PERSONAL INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT
We may collect various types of personal information relating to you, including:
▪ Data relating to your identity including your name and title
▪ Contact information including your Email address, telephone number, postal address,
▪ IT related information including your IP address and your online browsing activities on our websites
▪ Other information, which you choose to provide to us from time to time, such as when completing our account set up forms or otherwise when you make contact with us
2. HOW DO WE OBTAIN PERSONAL INFORMATION FROM YOU
We receive personal information in several ways including:
▪ Email, verbal and written communication
▪ Customer/supplier account set up forms and contracts
▪ Purchase order requests, invoices and quotations for goods and services
▪ Business cards, websites and other information in the public domain
3. WHAT WE DO WITH YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
The main purposes for which we use your personal information include:
▪ To manage our relationship with you or your business
▪ To process orders and provide goods and services to you
▪ To make and manage customer & supplier payments
▪ For account set up and maintenance, including credit checks and debt collection
▪ To communicate with you, about our goods and services
▪ To monitor activity at our stations
▪ To develop new ways to meet our customers’ needs
▪ Statistical analysis regarding the use of our website
4. WHO IS YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION DISCLOSED TO
We may share your personal information with:
▪ Our third-party suppliers and service providers who perform functions on our behalf under contract including supporting our systems, operations and processes
▪ Our insurance providers
▪ Our lawyers, auditors or other advisors who provide Gasrec with professional advice
▪ Emergency services or any government department if required
▪ Any other third parties, if authorised by you to do so
In certain situations, we may ask for your permission before sharing your information with third party services providers. In such situations, we will be relying on your permission for the basis of sharing that information. You have the right to withdraw your permission for us to share your information at any time.
In other situations, where we collect information about you from third parties, we rely on either a legal right to process that information or our legitimate interests for collecting that information.
5. HOW LONG WILL WE RETAIN YOUR INFORMATION
Gasrec will keep your personal information for no longer than necessary. When the information is no longer required we will erase it securely.
6. WHERE DO WE STORE YOUR PERSONAL DATA
Electronic copies of the information you provide to us, or we collect about you, is stored on our company servers. We have taken appropriate measures to ensure our servers are safe and secure.
Paper copies of the information we hold about you are stored in our business premises and in password protected storage units.
CCTV is in operation at Gasrec’s operational sites. CCTV images are stored locally on password protected systems and retained for a maximum of 30 days, unless required to evidence specific incidents concerning safety, investigations into disciplinary matters or legal compliance.
7. HOW GASREC PROTECTS DATA
Gasrec takes the security of the data we hold about you seriously and has internal policies and controls in place to minimise any risk of your data being lost, accidentally destroyed, misused or disclosed, and to ensure it can only be accessed by Gasrec employees in the performance of their duties.
When Gasrec engages third parties to process personal data on its behalf, they do so on the basis of written instructions, are under a duty of confidentiality and are obliged to implement appropriate technical and organisational measures to ensure the security of data.
In the course of our business, employees are often required to travel between Gasrec facilities which involves carrying information stored on electronic devices (laptops, mobile phones, etc) and paper copy. We seek to ensure this information is kept safe, secure and confidential by password protecting all electronic devices and only carrying paper copies where necessary.
Cookies are small text files that are placed on your computer by websites that you visit. They are widely used in order to make websites work, or work more efficiently, as well to provide information to the owners of the site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences. Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. Gasrec uses the cookie data collected to monitor website activity and improve content.
Most web browsers allow some control of most cookies through the browser settings. To find out more about cookies, including how to see what cookies have been set, visit www.aboutcookies.org or www.allaboutcookies.org.
9. EXERCISING YOUR RIGHTS
You have the right to request access to, rectification or erasure of the personal information we hold about you. You also have the right to object to or restrict certain types of processing of your personal information and request a copy of the personal information we hold about you.
10. QUESTIONS AND MORE INFORMATION
Please contact our Data Compliance Officer at HR@Gasrec.co.uk if you would like to find out more about any matters relating to this notice.
If you have any concerns about this notice or the way in which we have handled your personal information you should contact us directly in the first instance. If you are still dissatisfied, you have the right to complain to your Data Protection Authority. In the UK, the Data Protection Authority is the Information Commissioner’s Office.
11. UPDATES TO THIS NOTICE
We may change this notice from time to time in order to reflect changes in the law, regulatory guidance or our data privacy practices in compliance with the law. When this happens and where required by law, we will provide you with a new or an updated notice detailing how the use of your personal information is changing and, if necessary, obtain your consent for the further processing.